June Logo
49°F
43° | 26°
49°F
43° | 26°

3-Day Forecast

Tue

45° 25°
Mostly Clear

Wed

41° 17°
Mostly Clear

Thu

39° 19°
Mostly Clear

COVID-19 INFORMATION AND RESOURCES

We anticipate heavy call volume over the next several days and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries and requests for refunds. Please be aware that we can only reimburse reservations booked directly with June Mountain.

In order to better manage all requests, please send us an email to 800Mammoth@MammothResorts.com including your last name and your reservation number, with the subject line COVID Refund Request. The call center team will contact you as soon as possible for the reimbursement of your lift tickets, activities, ski school, rentals and more.

View Information & Resources
View Updated Change/Cancellation Policy



Latest Updates

 

MARCH 18 9AM

In order to reduce the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the State of California has directed, and the Mono County Public Health Department orders the following, effective 10PM Tuesday, March 17, 2020: 

  • All bars, breweries and wine-tasting venues in Mono County shall close, excluding production facilities that do not include any customer or other public contact.
  • All restaurants shall be closed for indoor or outdoor seated dining and may be open only to drive-through or other pick-up or delivery option.
  • Bars, breweries and pubs that include full meals provided by a full kitchen should follow restaurant guidance and may provide delivery or pick-up options.
  • Coffee shops fall under restaurants may continue to offer pick-up service but provide no indoor or outdoor seating for customers.
  • All pick up areas shall limit customer waiting areas to no more than 6 people, providing adequate space for six (6) feet of separation between waiting customers and provide for hand sanitation.
  • Health clubs and gyms are to be closed.
  • Theatres, bowling alleys and other indoor recreations venues should close.
  • All non-essential public gatherings or assemblies, regardless of size are prohibited.
  • All venues for gatherings should be closed.

MARCH 15 9:30AM

We anticipate heavy call volume over the next several days and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries and requests for refunds.

In order to better manage all requests, please send us an email to 800Mammoth@MammothResorts.com including your last name and your reservation number, with the subject line COVID Refund Request. The call center team will contact you as soon as possible for the reimbursement of your lift tickets, activities, ski school, rentals and more.


MARCH 14 4:30PM

After careful thought and deliberation of our duty in the face of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, and in what I believe is in the best interest of our guests, employees and local communities, Alterra Mountain Company will suspend operations at our 15 North American ski resorts, starting the morning of Sunday, March 15, until further notice. All lift operations, food and beverage, retail and rental services will be closed until further notice.

Alterra Mountain Company owned destinations are Steamboat and Winter Park in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia (CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures will continue to operate through Tuesday, March 17th).

Alterra Mountain Company owned destinations are Steamboat and Winter Park in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia.

Each resort will work directly with guests in canceling their visit and will provide refunds to those who have hotel and other bookings during this closure period. We anticipate heavy call volume over the next several days and appreciate guests’ patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this short notice will undoubtedly create. We look forward to welcoming you back to your mountains as circumstances improve.

Rusty Gregory
Chief Executive Officer
Alterra Mountain Company


MARCH 13 10AM

While there continues to be no plan to close the mountain, we are proactively taking additional steps with guest and employee safety front of mind. In addition to the information on this page, we are now implementing the following:

  • Reduce seating capacity in our lodges by eliminating some chairs and tables to allow for social distancing
  • Continue to train managers to watch for symptoms among their employees. 
MARCH 12 3PM

Per Mono County Health, there are no reported Coronavirus cases at this time in Mono County or Inyo County. We are continuing to closely monitor the situation, working with local health and government officials to assess any necessary changes to business operations. As of now, we have no plans to close the mountain.


Information and Resources

As Coronavirus has become an evolving and uncertain public health issue affecting people globally and close to home, we want to reassure you that your health, safety and well-being are of the utmost importance.
 
We are closely monitoring the situation, and are in contact with state and local government and health officials to assess this evolving situation. June, along with our parent company, Alterra Mountain Company, is also closely monitoring Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) guidance for responding to Coronavirus.
 
Local Resources From Mammoth Hospital
Local Resources From Mono County Health

The evolving nature of this event requires us to be flexible in how we respond and provide service to you, our guests. Here are some of the ways we are taking action:

  • Additional hand sanitization stations have been added in highly trafficked locations
  • Increased frequency of disinfection and cleaning of public restrooms and high-touch indoor areas, such as bathrooms, food halls, kitchen surfaces, door handles, tables, restaurants, bars, and lesson and rental check-in counters, and communal computer workstations
  • Encouraging employees and guests to modify personal greetings to avoid physical contact
  • Following recommend every day healthy actions per the CDC and having employees who appear symptomatic stay home
  • We are making changes to our food and beverage procedures and offerings
  • We have changed our lift loading procedures to allow for social distancing and for guests to choose their own groupings
  • In accordance with Governor Newsom’s latest guidance, we are cancelling select events

Updated Change/Cancellation Policy

We also understand the difficulty around making advance trip decisions during these uncertain times, and want you to feel confident doing so. If you choose to book a stay at June direct with us (this does not include 3rd party bookings) between now and May 9, you may cancel or change up until 24 hours prior to the arrival date and receive a full refund. For reservations booked prior to Mar 9, you may cancel your stay up until 24 hours prior to arrival date and receive a credit of your deposit. The deposit credit will be valid for 1 year from issue date. For activities booked between now and May 9, you can change or cancel your lift ticket, lesson, rental or activity reservation up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled date for a full refund. For activities booked prior to Mar 9, you can change or cancel your lift ticket, lesson, rental or activity reservation up to 3 full days prior to the scheduled date for a full refund. Changes or cancellations made within 3 days, up until 8PM the day prior to the scheduled date, will result in an Activity Change Voucher being issued for the full value of the activity cost (no fee).

Please postpone your visit to June if:

 •  You are feeling ill, are experiencing respiratory problems, or have a fever.
 •  You have recently traveled to an area with a large number of reported cases of the virus. 

You can find additional information about the various lodging and activities policies below:

Activities 
Mammoth Mountain Inn
The Village Lodge
Juniper Springs Resort
Tamarack Lodge & Resort
Altis Luxury Homes
Hillside Luxury Homes
Obsidian Residences at Mammoth